What is it?
An all-in-one content management system exclusively for clients of Veda Designs.
VedaCMS is a custom built website manager that allows my clients to maintain their own site content. It is included at no additional cost with my standard design service. In addition to changing text on each of your pages, it also comes bundled with a photo gallery, video gallery, blog, calendar, mailing list, link exchange manager and (non-paid) membership system.
- Easily change the text on any of your pages
- Standard text formatting
- Create text or image links
- Ability to edit html source
- Create and insert tables
- Embed images into a page
- Undo last save in case you make an editing mistake
- Create multiple albums
- Unlimited photo uploads
- Change thumbnail size & shape
- Add custom text watermark
- Basic photo editing (crop/resize)
- Reorder thumbnails & albums
- Set any album as member only
- Multiple Video Categories
- Add videos hosted on Vimeo or similar
- Upload Flash (.flv) video
- Upload HTML5 supported video
- Set custom video thumbnail
- Mobile/Tablet friendly video player
- Reorder video position
- Multiple entries per day
- Add, edit or delete entries
- Span entry across multiple days
- Month or list view options
- Customize colors anytime
- Add private note to entries
- Set any entry as 'members only'
- Multiple blog categories
- Add, edit or delete posts
- Set post as draft to finish later
- Set post as 'members only'
- Mobile friendly version
- Two pre-built templates to choose from
- Comment moderation
- Multiple link categories
- Add, edit or delete links
- Add links as custom html block
- Move links up or down
- Text or image based links
- Add custom text at top or bottom of page
- Paginate link categories
- Add, edit, delete or disable members
- Automated membership requests
- Approve or deny pending requests
- Member mailing list automatically created
- View member login history
- Protect photos, pages, blog posts & calendar entries
- Up to 5 separate mailing lists
- Visitors can subscribe from site
- Blacklist emails
- Send out newsletters
- Export/Import subscribers
- View or resend old mailings
VedaCMS will only work with servers that meet the specs below. If you're interested in my design services but plan to host elsewhere, please be sure your server meets these requirements before sending payment. Most features included with my design package require VedaCMS to be installed, so I'm unable to take on design projects that will be hosted on incompatible web servers.
- Unix-based Server (NOT Windows)
- cPanel Control Panel*
- PHP 5.3 or higher
- mySQL 4 or higher
- GD2 Library
- Safe Mode OFF
- Ability to create database
- Ability to create and edit .htaccess file
* I may be open to installing VedaCMS if your host uses different control panel software, but will need to take a look first.
Upgrades that require less than an hour to complete are free for design clients. Major version upgrades that take longer than an hour would require paying my standard maintenance rate for the additional time needed.
Upgrades are not proactive. This just means they aren't done automatically and that you'd need to submit a support request through the help desk. Upgrades are prioritized by the order in which I receive requests, but are queued below my regular support tickets.
Because upgrades are a courtesy and nonessential, please understand that I can't guarantee exactly when an upgrade will get done. I try to set aside time for upgrades at least once a month, so I can usually do it within a few weeks. However, if my workload is high or my regular support queue is backed up, please understand it may take longer.
An exception to the above rule is if something important is broken in your current version of VedaCMS which prevents you from maintaining your website properly. If that's the case, please submit a support ticket right away and make note of the problem you're having.
Although VedaCMS is included free with my standard web design package, it must be understood that I am only providing the right to use the software and that ownership rights for the CMS is never transferred to you. This means that websites using my software cannot duplicate, modify, distribute or re-use the CMS on any web site other than that which I originally installed it on.
I encourage you to review my VedaCMS licensing agreement so there is no confusion about what you can and cannot do with the software
If you are not a design client, but are interested in using VedaCMS with your website - please contact me for information and a price quote. Please be sure to include your website URL so I can see what shape your source code is in.